JUNIOR GOLF LEAGUES- FIRST PRACTICE IS APRIL 23RD! (PRE-SEASON PRACTICE ON APRIL 16TH)
"I love all the new friends I made at junior league! I can't believe how much more fun golf is and how much better I'm getting,"
Maggie, 2014 Junior League Player.
Our Junior League Golf programs are designed to better socialize the game for boys and girls, ages 16 and under (ages 13 and under for the national Junior League Season in June and July). Junior leagues features team vs. team competitions in structured leagues that provide a popular, less stressful scramble format as opposed to stroke-play competition. This is a great way to get kids involved in the game!
Parents, Grandparents and friends are encouraged to come and watch all matches. Carts are a fee at each facility so please plan accordingly.
When you sign up for Junior League play, practices will be held at both TPC Cromwell and Farmington Woods Golf Club. You will be assigned to a practice location based on your home address unless you contact with a different request. Contact Suzy Whaley Golf with Request
What is the difference between Junior Golf League and Suzy Whaley Junior Golf Academy Instruction?
Leagues provide junior players with an opportunity to learn about the game of golf and to compete as a team, while playing multiple courses during any season. Practices will consist of drills and match strategy. A SWJGA staff member will monitor and coach each match. Individual swing analysis and instruction is available, and is better suited, through our weekly Academy programming. Click Here for Academy Information
- Each travel competition is one (1) team-vs-team, 2 person scramble format
- Each player will receive a uniform top. Players will participate in 5-6 regular season competitions, with 2 or 3 away matches being held at other golf clubs in your league
- 2 adult match-monitors (visiting team also provides 2)
- Most competitions are held on late afternoons/early evenings, or weekend evenings (approx. 5:00 starting time)
- Transportation to the matches is provided by the players families or friends. The coaches do not provide transportation to or from matches.
- Each match will consist of 9-holes of scramble play, and will last approximately 2.25 hours
Ages 6-16 and cannot have played in a high school varsity match: Spring Season (April 27th-June 8th), Late Summer Season (August 10th-September 14th) and Fall Season (September 21st-October 26th).
Ages 6-13 (must not turn 14 prior to August 1, 2014): Summer Season (June 22nd-July 27th):
Contact Us With Questions
Spring 2014 Junior League Rules and Schedule